Our Pricing Events
DUE TO COVID19 OUR LIVE EVENTS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED. PLEASE GO TO THE “ONLINE WEBINARS” PAGE AND JOIN US ONLINE. WE LOOK FORWARD TO REINSTATING OUR LIVE EVENTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
We regularly host events on a range of pricing subjects. These are typically morning breakfast events where we invite guest speakers, who are experts in their chosen field, to bring the subject added depth, insight and entertaining anecdotes.
PREVIOUS EVENT 21st May 2020
Finding and Capturing Value from Pricing – DATE & VENUE CHANGE
Learn how businesses can deliver greater value from better pricingOur next breakfast pricing event is on 18th March. Registration is from 08:00; talks begin at 08:30 and will end with an opportunity to network from 10:30.
We will share methods on how to:
1. rapidly assess pricing performance, to establish areas for improvement;
2. develop focused pricing plans, addressing resources, time scales and methods;
3. mitigate risks to avoid pitfalls and ensure successful delivery.
David Boothman (formerly Pricing Strategy Director at Wolseley UK) will discuss the building blocks required to successfully set-up and embed a pricing and commercial programme within a B2B sales led organisation and share his learnings on how to move from insight to generating true business value.
Tim Ham (CEO at Pearson Ham) will explore the techniques, methodologies and tools that we use and have honed across a wide range of sectors; and what makes the difference between successful pricing projects and ones that don’t quite deliver.
PREVIOUS EVENT 10th October 2019
PRICING – EVOLUTION AND REVOLUTION
Pearson Ham’s Pricing series continues with a look at how pricing strategies and capabilities are changing.
Through case studies from our expert speakers, and ending with a panel discussion, we will explore how changing market conditions, new methodologies and technologies have both created opportunities and forced changes in how businesses price. Our speakers are pricing experts with first-hand experience of both dealing with and leading change in pricing solutions.
- Stephen Kennedy(insurance pricing specialist, formerly head of pricing at Hastings Direct) will discuss how insurance market pricing has developed with the advent of price comparison websites.
- Penny Ladkin-Brand (CFO at Future Plc, formerly Commercial Director at Autotrader) will explain how Autotrader’s pricing models changed and adapted as selling cars shifted from magazines to online
- Tim Ham (CEO at Pearson Ham) explores how promotions have evolved, become more sophisticated and why a strategic approach to promotions is now essential
- Nick Allen (Managing Director at P97 Networks, formerly Marketing Director, Fuels at Shell) will talk about how mobile phone technology has the potential to fundamentally change how forecourt retailers price fuel
VENUE: ROYAL AERONAUTICAL SOCIETY, 4 HAMILTON PLACE, LONDON W1J 7BQ
PREVIOUS EVENT 19th June 2019
B2B PRICING LEADERSHIP: IS THERE A PILOT IN THE COCKPIT?
Pearson Ham’s Pricing series continues with a focus on B2B pricing and how to unlock extra margin opportunities and improve business performance.
“B2B Pricing Leadership: Is there a pilot in the cockpit?” is for senior leaders seeking to improve B2B pricing leadership, management and decision-making.
Attendees will gain insights into the pitfalls observed in B2B businesses, best practices and ideas to deliver a more effective pricing strategy and make better pricing decisions.
Our speakers will explore:
- Pricing – a collective responsibility
- Failed pricing leadership – symptoms and consequences
- Price strategy – best practices and tools
- Merits of a renewed approach and focus areas for top management
THE EVENT WILL BE IN LONDON, IN THE AFTERNOON. VENUE DETAILS WILL BE CONFIRMED IN EARLY MAY.
PREVIOUS EVENT 22nd November 2018
DRIVING PRICING AND PROFITABILITY THROUGH BEHAVIOURAL SCIENCE – Breakfast event | Foyles | London
Choice and decision-making are often viewed as an output of the price-product relationship. However, an advanced pricing approach will use an understanding of behaviour, habits and biases as an input to determine the appropriate price-product positioning. Behavioural science should help shape pricing and business strategy to improve overall commercial performance and profitability.
Our guest speakers: Marco Bertini, professor and department head of marketing at ESADE, who will talk about the psychological and sociological factors that underlie habits and biases in decision-making. Richard Shotton, author of The Choice Factory, who will discuss how behavioural science and cognitive biases play out in the commercial world.
We will explore the wider ramifications of unconscious biases and decision-making
on business performance and how a systematic approach to diagnosing the most prevalent biases can be used to tailor specific pricing solutions to enhance commercial objectives.