Job Title: Senior Consultant
Salary Range: Competitive with top-tier consultancies
Pearson Ham is an award-winning management consultancy specialising in pricing. This specialism gives us an unrivalled depth of knowledge setting us apart from our industry peers. We help our clients derive long-term value and realise their commercial goals through better pricing.
Leveraging the team’s diverse backgrounds we produce robust results and actionable insights for our clients across a wide range of industries. We believe that pricing is not a perfect science so we collaborate with our clients blending their market experience with our expertise to guide their decision-making.
As a team, we work hard to create a culture of excellence, quality and fun. Maintaining a good work life balance is important to us and while you should expect to be challenged in the office, you will be able to pursue your personal commitments outside of work.
With external learning opportunities, frequent internal training sessions and active encouragement to share knowledge and skills within the team we are committed to your professional and personal development. As a learning organisation, we enable you to explore your interests within pricing and develop into a specialist in the field. As you grow in expertise you will be called upon to disseminate your learning within the Pearson Ham community; our only requirement is that you have an inquisitive nature.
If you thrive in dynamic and entrepreneurial environments there are few consulting firms like ours. You will gain skills in a growing field, and actively develop commercial strategies that will have a real impact on businesses all around the world. You will not only learn about pricing and consulting, but also participate in building a high-performance consultancy as we continue to grow, both in size and in capability.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will work with a team of Consultants and Analysts and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the engagement team and solving any problems that may arise from analysis or client interactions. The role will include outlining and exploring pricing issues, developing hypotheses of how best to help the client, and designing analytical tools.
As well as this you will help to guide the team’s analysis and will design sophisticated and compelling methods of communicating recommendations to the client. You should be able to synthesise complex problems and analytical thinking into clear business actions, as well as being able to adapt and respond to rapidly changing situations.
You will be expected to be comfortable interacting with clients at all levels of the organisation and presenting recommendations to c-suite stakeholders.
Part of your role will be to support company leaders and project managers in progressing sales opportunities with existing clients, as well as assisting with proposal development for prospective clients. You will be expected to build and maintain successful professional relationships with our clients.
You will play an active role in growing Pearson Ham by supporting recruitment, training and cultural development activities. You will also act as a mentor and coach to junior staff within the project context to help them grow and perform at a level that will challenge them professionally.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a data-driven strategy, consulting, or commercial environment
- Undergraduate degree in a numerical subject from a leading university
- Core process skills including: meeting and workshop development and management, deck writing, storyboarding, logical and structured reasoning, client interviewing, problem solving, data analysis, process design and change management
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience in data science or modelling role desired
- Track record of being part of successful project delivery teams; excellent organisational and time management skills; attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in mentoring others and helping colleagues’ development
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience using statistical packages, SQL, R and Tableau an advantage
- Foreign language skills an advantage
- Enthusiastic about pricing
- Logical and creative problem solver
- Communicative, open-minded, and team-oriented
- Entrepreneurial, inquisitive, and curious
- Committed to quality and detail
- Collaborative working style
PEARSON HAM VALUES
- Care, Collaboration, Inquisitiveness, Enjoyment
- Please submit your CV and Cover Letter in one document
- We require both a CV and Cover Letter (addressed to Recruitment Team)